|HABC Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering (QCF)|
HABC Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering (QCF)
HABC Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering (QFC)
This regulated qualification is intended principally for those who are operating in a supervisory role within the catering and hospitality industry.
Qualification holders will be able to demonstrate a wide knowledge of food safety legislation and effective supervision. They will also be able to take responsibility for the competency of the workforce and for identifying hazards and controls, monitoring controls and taking appropriate corrective action when necessary.
Individuals looking to achieve this qualification are likely to have some catering experience and be in a job role that involves working unsupervised. This qualification provides candidates with a range of food safety skills directly relevant to the catering and hospitality industry.
This approved qualification has been developed specifically for insertion onto the Qualifications and Credit Framework with full support from People 1st, the Sector Skills Council for Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism. It is therefore fully compliant with industry and regulatory standards as well as being recognised by environmental health practitioners, auditors and other enforcement officers.
This course is suitable for those who are operating in a supervisory role within the catering and hospitality industry - This includes MANAGERS and SENIOR CHEFS.
Non-Supervisory Staff should sit the Level 2 Award in Food Safety - http://www.tennentstrainingacademy.co.uk/course/8
As we understand that employers may not be able to have their head chefs / managers out of the business for 3 days so we therefore offer this course online. Click the link below for more information: http://www.tennentstrainingacademy.co.uk/course/1888
This qualification is available in English, Arabic, Thai, Portuguese and Polish - Please state at the time of booking if you require a specialist language exam paper.
What Will I Learn On This Course?
· Food contamination hazards and controls
· Food poisoning and foodborne disease
· Personal hygiene
· Storage/temperature control
· Food spoilage and preservation
· Food premises and equipment
· Cleaning & disinfection
· Pest control
· Supervisory management/HACCP
· Food safety legislation
The Course Fee Includes:
· 3 Day expert tuition from our trainer
· Course materials and handbook
· Refreshments of tea, coffee and water included throughout the day
· Examination fees
· Postage or Accredited Highfield Certificate upon passing the course
· The Course starts at 9am please arrive no later than 08.45am to the visitor reception of Tennent’s Wellpark Brewery.
· There is no parking onsite, please arrive in time to find suitable parking nearby, we offer all day parking at the Duke Street PBT Carpark for a subsidised price which is 5 minute walk away.
· Soup, Sandwiches, Snacks and Soft Drinks are available to purchase on the day. Lunch Meal Deal is available to all candidates at the subsidised price of £3.50
· If you are using ILA funding you must have your ILA token with you on the day to be able to the course
· There are ID requirements for this course to be able to sit the exam
ILA FUNDING IS ACCEPTED FOR THIS COURSE
BOOK TODAY ONLINE OR BY CALLING US ON 0141 553 0010