|10am-4pm: BIIAB Scottish Award in Customer & Drinks Service (Licensed Hospitality) 2 Day Course|
10am-4pm: BIIAB Scottish Award in Customer & Drinks Service (Licensed Hospitality) 2 Day Course
BIIAB Scottish Award in Customer & Drinks Service (2 Days)
Looking for a fresh start in hospitality or looking to brush up on existing bar skills?
The BIIAB Customer and Drinks Service Course is a great place to start!
Hospitality is a trade – it is a skill based job, and that is exactly how we approach this course. Instead of telling you how to gain these new skills we give you the opportunity to try them for yourself. Our trainers will be with you every step of the way. All of the skills you learn will be able to be used on your first day of work or to develop your skills in your current job role. The best thing about our training bar is that there are no managers, supervisors or customers ensuring that you can relax and let trainers fully focus on helping you to gain an understanding of the practical skills that you will learn on the course.
This is an accredited course with a short multiple choice test at the end.
On completion you will gain a certified qualification, useful practical skills and a new paragraph for your CV!
What Will I Learn On This Course?
• Cocktails – basic methods, recipes and sampling
• Barista skills – introduction on how to make lattes and cappuccinos. You will be encouraged to make your own
• Wine – basic knowledge and how to taste wine
• Bartending skills – how to pour drinks, hints and tips on how to be an effective bartender
• Customer service – how you can deliver great service. The benefits of knowing how to achieve this
• Food service – how to carry trays, plates and taking orders
• Spirits – understanding how they are made and the difference in categories
• Cellar – how the cellar works, changing kegs and pouring the perfect pint
The Course Fee Includes:
· 2 Day expert tuition from our trainer
· Course material and course handbook
· Refreshments of tea, coffee and water included throughout the day
· Examination fees
· Postage or Accredited BIIAB Certificate upon passing the course
· The Course starts at 10am please arrive no later than 09.45am to the visitor reception of Tennent’s Wellpark Brewery.
· There is no parking onsite, please arrive in time to find suitable parking nearby, we offer all day parking at the Duke Street PBT Carpark for a subsidised price which is 5 minute walk away.
· Soup, Sandwiches, Snacks and Soft Drinks are available to purchase on the day. Lunch Meal Deal is available to all candidates at the subsidised price of £3.50
· If you are using ILA funding you must have your ILA token with you on the day to be able to the course
· There are ID requirements for this course to be able to sit the exam
ILA FUNDING IS ACCEPTED FOR THIS COURSE
BOOK TODAY ONLINE OR BY CALLING US ON 0141 553 0010